Super Smash Bros. for Wii U took the series to a whole new level of chaos with the addition of 8-Player Smash. Over a year after launch, a Reddit user who goes by Gluetendo has stumbled upon a glitch in 8-Player Smash that gives a single player control over eight characters at once.
The glitch involves scanning Amiibo and unplugging/re-plugging controllers in a specific way eight times. Each time requires the use of a different Amiibo, so you’ll need eight of Nintendo’s collectible figurines to pull it off. You can check out a video of the glitch in action by clicking above, and you’ll find a detailed explanation of how to execute it below.
- Have 8 amiibo.
- Use a controller that can “desync” (a GameCube controller preferably).
- Go to the 8-Player Smash mode.
- Just move your joystick until the “Player #” or port space pops up.
- Click the name part of your port until it says “None”.
- Remove your controller from the port or desync it.
- Scan your amiibo.
- Plug everything back in.
- Move your joystick again and now you will be the Player in the next available space after your scanned amiibo. Nothing out of the ordinary, but trust me, it’s working.
- Repeat Steps 5-9 until all the Player spaces are filled with the 8 amiibo.
- Go to the Settings (where Time or Stock and Item rules are). Then simply exit.
- Enjoy controlling 8 characters simultaneously