A hacker and computer-science major recently made a post on Reddit about some information they found when analysing the ID numbers given to certain Amiibo figures in different games, and they may have made some incredible discoveries.
Mainly, they have discovered that space for all 721 Pokémon is reserved, meaning that they could all possibly become Amiibo one day. While I doubt there will be actual figurines, it’s very possible that we might get NFC cards for every individual Pokémon in a future game.
Among other things, they found that a Rosalina Amiibo without Luma may be coming as well, probably for the Super Mario series.
You can check out the technical side of things here, as it is a little too long to explain.
In short, here are the main things this hacker discovered from the data patterns:
- It’s very likely ZSS and Dr. Mario will work the same as Samus and Mario respectively in games like Mario Kart 8 and Ace Combat, with Dr. Mario being usable in Mario Party 10.
- There may be a Rosalina Amiibo without Luma, likely for the Super Mario series.
- Space is reserved for every Pokémon, which could mean anything. NFC-enabled Pokémon cards, anyone?
- Mii Fighters are coming.
- It’s likely there are 2 more Mario-series Amiibo yet to be announced.
- There are two Amiibo series in limbo. They could either be Yoshi’s Woolly World and Animal Crossing, or two completely unannounced ones.
What do you guys think? Obviously, we have to be cautious with any unconfirmed rumor like this, but I personally find this to be very believable. The original post showed a huge understanding of how Amiibo character IDs work, and all of their tech information seems to check out. Moreover, none of these claims seem particularly far-fetched, and I could see them all coming true in the future.
Do you guys believe the rumor? Would you want to see all these things? Let us know in the comments below!