Amongst the chit chat that Microsoft’s Xbox One is stirring up, the Ouya, believe it or not, is still releasing news! To reiterate for those who don’t know, the Ouya is a new and upcoming console crowdfunded by Kickstarter. This small yet powerful system utilizes the Android 4.1 operating system as well as Nvidia’s Tegra 3. The Ouya console will come with one wireless bluetooth controller, a power adapter, two AA batteries, and an HDMI cable for the system.
Basically, here’s what has been going on in the Ouya’s life:
- There are a total of 126 video games available on the Ouya as of today.
- Ouya will actually be at E3! …In “a parking lot directly across from the Convention Center’s South Hall.”
- Ouya managed to raise $15 million in funding!
- The Ouya game system will be available in the US, UK, and Canada, and will be sold through Ouya’s personal website (ouya.tv), GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon, Target, and GAME. The system will be released on June 25th, 2013 for $99 (£99).
- There were some controller-related problems with systems that were already shipped, but predicaments are being fixed. Ouya has assured everyone that there will be no problems upon retail release.
With all the talk about the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, some people have actually forgotten about the (literally) smaller systems like the Ouya. Is the Ouya a console to look forward to? Share your comments and opinions in the section below!