There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That’s where we come in!
We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of “Nintendo Week,” a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans. As always, we break down the most recent week of news, including
Donkey Kong Country on the Virtual Console, Meme Run, exclusive Shovel Knight content on Nintendo platforms, Splatoon Amiibo, and Japan’s Amiibo-only Smash Bros. tournaments. Unfortunately, we didn’t have time this week for our popular discussion sections, but next week we’re bringing you a super-sized episode complete with a bonus round where we answer your candid questions!
Nintendo Week is currently available on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia, you have plenty of ways to access what we hope will become one of your most trusted ways to absorb information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you’d rather not subscribe, be sure to check back here every week for your new episode!
If you’d like to give us feedback, please email me at
[email protected], and we’ll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don’t be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you’d like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we’ll be answering them in one big block, so we’d love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
More Information on This Week’s Stories:
- Shovel Knight is coming to Xbox One, featuring the Battletoads
- Nintendo may get exclusive content for Shovel Knight
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch is coming to Wii U
- A retailer in South Africa had Splatoon Amiibo available for pre-order
- Splatoon‘s eShop listing suggests it has Amiibo support
- The original Donkey Kong Country trilogy returns to Virtual Console on Wii U
- Metroid: Zero Mission is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console
- Meme Run has been removed from the Wii U eShop indefinitely
- StarTropics has had broken music for 25 years
- A speedrunner beats Super Mario 64 in under seven minutes
- Nintendo says that Miiverse helps motivate people to make user-generated content
- Monolith Soft held a livestream to show off Xenoblade Chronicles X‘s combat
- A fan translated Monolith’s Xenoblade combat stream
- Fans are translating the Dragon Quest VII remake for 3DS
- Nintendo is hosting Amiibo-only Smash Bros. tournaments
- Nintendo is selling charging cradles for New Nintendo 3DS XL
- Nintendo is selling replacement battery covers for New 3DS XL
- “Smashified” shows us how Shovel Knight would look in Smash
- Next Level Games is working on their next project
- HAL Labs’ new game, Boxboy, is coming west this Spring
- GameStop Italy lists Xenoblade Chronicles X for a June 26th launch
- Launch trailer for Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
- Fifty screens and a new trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
- Nintendo is selling a refurbished Wii U bundle for just $225
- New details on Splatoon‘s single-player mode
- Rumor: Microsoft wanted to reboot Conker, but Insomniac declined
- Wil Wheaton voices Abraham Lincoln in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
You can listen to the full version of this week’s break music, an OverClocked ReMix of the dungeon theme from
StarTropics, right here.