There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That’s where we come in!
We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of “Nintendo Week,” a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans. This week had a huge bombshell when Nintendo announced plans to develop smartphone games, as well as their next-gen console, currently codenamed “NX.” This week, we dig really deep into that during our discussion section, recap the rest of Nintendo’s news week during our news segment, and answer questions that you guys asked during the debut of our Q&A block. It’s an extremely meaty episode this week, so be sure to give it a listen!
Nintendo Week is currently available on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia, you have plenty of ways to access what we hope will become one of your most trusted ways to absorb information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you’d rather not subscribe, be sure to check back here every week for your new episode!
If you’d like to give us feedback, please email me at
[email protected], and we’ll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don’t be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you’d like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we’ll be answering them in one big block, so we’d love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
More Information on This Week’s Stories:
- Project Ukelele is officially unveiled
- SEGA and Game Freak announce “Tembo the Badass Elephant“
- Aonuma explains pacing in Majora’s Mask 3D
- Two new Yokai Watch games will be revealed soon
- Level-5 is also working on Fantasy Life 2 and a new Professor Layton
- Majora’s Mask 3D topped the US sales charts
- 3DS hardware sales are up by 90%
- Reggie defends the New Nintendo 3DS’ name
- The Happy Mask Salesman may return in a future Zelda
- Fan project aims to release the official Mother soundtrack in the west
- The Mother soundtrack has been fully funded, explains goals
- Nintendo calls Mario Party “The Friendship Wrecker”
- Nintendo is banning Club Nintendo members who abused the Wii Mini Exploit
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. is getting positive reviews
- Mario Party 10 is getting less-than-stellar reviews
- Star Fox fans are turning Dinosaur Planet into an animated series
- Custom-make your own faceplates for New Nintendo 3DS
- Some colorful new artwork from Splatoon
- More new footage and artwork from Xenoblade Chronicles X
- New artwork, screenshots, and a developer stream for Bravely Second
- Two Netflix engineers made Netflix work on the NES
- Exploit StreetPass to meet unlimited special visitors
- Nintendo announces plans to develop smartphone games
- Nintendo’s first smartphone game launches this year
- Nintendo’s partner for smartphone games is extremely familiar with microtransactions
- Nintendo announces a new console, codenamed “NX”
- Nintendo is creating a membership program that includes Nintendo systems, smart devices, and PCs
- Nintendo stock skyrockets nearly 30% following smart device and NX announcements
- Analysts praise Nintendo’s newly-announced smartphone strategy
This week has three segments, and thus features two pieces of break music. The first, the introduction to “Banjo-Kazooie Symphony,” can be found here. The second, an orchestrated rendition of “Sky Garden,” from the Mario Kart series, can be found right here.