Many of you have probably seen the awesome videos of people using GTA V to reenact other popular videos. For instance, there’s this one where the opening theme of the children’s television show Arthur was recreated. The tool behind these unique videos is the Rockstar Editor, and it is finally heading to consoles this fall as a part of a new update.
Not only is the update bringing the video editor to consoles, but features new to the already-existing PC version will also be arriving in the same package. The following is a list of all of the new features that will be arriving in the next update:
- Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from a collection of Foley and other sfx.
- Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
- Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
- Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip – adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
- New Fonts: You’ll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits — we’re tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.
Are you excited for this update? Console players, are you ready to start making your own videos in Rockstar Editor? Feel free to let us know in the comment section below!