Red Dead Redemption 2 was one of the most critically acclaimed and financially successful games of 2018, and Rockstar is just getting started. The Western adventure will continue to be supported with regular updates for the foreseeable future, and a big one is dropping today. The rumors from last year have proven themselves correct: Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting another Battle Royale mode.
Red Dead‘s Make it Count mode could be considered a Battle Royale, but the new Gun Rush mode dropping today is more in line with what people expect from the genre. Up to 32 players will be dropped into an area that shrinks over time, and guns and ammo are scattered throughout. The last player standing wins. Gun Rush will include a team mode in addition to singles.
Rockstar also promised that future updates will bring “new Races and Showdown Modes and new clothing and emotes, as well as some additional changes based on player feedback.” There will also be new daily challenges, including sharpshooting and evading the law. Other updates planned to release throughout the year include:
- All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
- A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
- Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
- Plus new weapons and clothing, and lots more that we’re not quite ready to announce just yet…
- Xbox One players can also now access the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle and the High Roller Double-Action Revolver in the Red Dead Online Beta.