Developer Niantic first released Pokémon GO back in July, and they’ve been steadily adding new features to the popular augmented reality game ever since. Last week, Niantic teased that Pokémon GO would soon be getting updates to reward players with capture bonuses for their medals and to make training at friendly gyms easier and more convenient.
These new features, some bug fixes, and a few other small changes are all headed to the game soon, as Niantic has begun the updating process. The update (version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS) may already be available, depending on where you live, but it hasn’t rolled out in most locations yet. Niantic has released the patch notes for the update, and you can check them out below.
Pokémon GO updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS
Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time.
- Minor fixes