The E3 week has arrived once more, and EA has again claimed the right to the first press conference of the season. Alongside expected looks at Battlefield V, Anthem, and several EA Sports titles, we also saw the reveals of Unravel Two, Sea of Solitude, and more! If you just want a quick recap to see what all was discussed, we’ve got you covered!
Here is all of the news that came out of EA Play 2018’s press event:
- Battlefield V Includes a Battle Royale Mode, No Loot Boxes
- EA Announces FIFA 19 Featuring the Champions League, Plus More FIFA 18 Content
- Star Wars Battlefront II is Getting New Content From the Clone Wars
- EA Reveals Unravel Two, and It’s Available Right Now
- Sea of Solitude, an Indie Game Tackling Loneliness Through Exploration, Releases Early 2019
- Respawn’s Star Wars Game is “Jedi Fallen Order,” Releases Holiday 2019
- EA Reveals Command and Conquer: Rivals for Mobile Platforms
- Electronic Arts Announces “Origin Access Premier,” a New PC Game Subscription Service
- EA Sports Reveals Release Dates for the Next NBA and Madden NFL Games
- BioWare’s Anthem is Releasing on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on February 22, 2019
While all of the above came out of the EA Play conference, that isn’t all that we’ve heard regarding some of these titles, especially franchises helmed by BioWare. We’ve since learned that Anthem will not feature romantic options, while tweets from executive producer Mark Darrah have revealed that the game will require an internet connection but will not have cross-platform play or PvP. Additionally, BioWare’s Casey Hudson says that they’re still working on the next Dragon Age title, as well as that the studio intends to return to the Mass Effect series “at some point.”
In case you missed it, you can catch the full conference in the video below! What do you think the best and the worst parts of this conference were? Let us know in the comments, and check back in tomorrow for more of our E3 coverage!