Yesterday, at Sony’s press conference, the DualShock 4 was revealed.
Here’s a quick recap of the new features the controller has been given, and head past the list to see gorgeous, high-res screenshots of the new controller.
sticks are now concave rather than convex, like the Xbox 360
controller; that is, the center of the top of each stick is the lowest
point of the stick, rather than the highest.
- There’s now a “Share” button, that can be used to quickly stream gameplay to others via PlayStation Network, for example.
- The R2 and L2 buttons are now proper triggers, similar in shape to those of the Xbox 360.
- The D-pad has been given a slight redesign.
- Each controller now has a touchpad.
controller has a glowing LED that PlayStation Eye uses, along with
Sixaxis technology, for motion control. The LED is also another way to
- It will feature “enhanced rumble”.
- An “Options” button now replaces the standard Start and Select buttons.
- Lastly, there’s a headphone jack.
I personally like the new version of the DualShock due to the improved triggers and the concave control sticks, which I prefer over convex ones. What are your thoughts?