Kirby has been a busy guy of late. Gamers might be more excited about his Switch debut in Kirby Star Allies in 2018, but the pink puffball still has another Nintendo 3DS title to deliver later this year with Kirby Battle Royale. A recent overview trailer was released by Nintendo, detailing the various minigames, game modes, and copy abilities that can be found in the game.
A story mode called the King Dedede Grand Prix can be played along with the VS modes included in
Battle Royale. Download play will be featured, so only one copy of the game is needed for a group of two to four friends. There are ten minigames to play overall:
- Collect ’em All! Apple March: collect as many apples as possible
- Battle Royale: fight until the last Kirby standing wins
- Treasure Hunting: collect as many coins as possible
- Attack Rider: brawl over coins and ride motorbikes
- Answer It! Action Theater: answer questions by standing on (and fighting over) panels
- Fly, fly, fly! Rocket Race: power up rockets to see who can fly the farthest
- VS Robobot Bonkers: deal the most damage to the boss
- Smash Hockey: aim the puck at opponents instead of a goal
- Poi Poi Train: gather valuable diamonds for points
- Flag Shoot: aim for each other’s flags and shoot
The trailer also detailed which copy abilities will appear in the game:
In terms of Amiibo functionality, the
Kirby series Amiibo will bestow Kirby with a copy ability based on the character scanned in. Qbby from BoxBoy! is also compatible with the game.
Kirby Battle Royale is set to release on November 3rd for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Are you excited for this multiplayer-focused adventure? Or are you going to skip on Kirby’s latest 3DS outing? Let us know in the comments below!
Source: Perfectly Nintendo