Microsoft kicked off E3 yesterday with their press conference, and it was all games, all the time. Here’s a round-up of everything they announced and showed in the hour or so they had the floor.
- They teased the story for Halo 5: Guardians and gave it a 2015 release.
- The Master Chief Collection was announced. It contains the first four Halo games and their DLC, and Halo 2 is getting the Anniversary treatment; it can be played in all new HD graphics.
- Assassin’s Creed Unity showed off 4-player co-op during a mission involving the French Revolution.
- The game where you create games, Project Spark, appeared and brought with it a special guest: Rare’s Conker. The squirrel can be used in creation.
- A new Crackdown for Xbox One was teased with a CG trailer, but actual gameplay was not shown.
- Sunset Overdrive got an October release date and was demoed for us.
- Evolve, somewhat similar to Left 4 Dead, introduced a new type of monster as well as the classes.
- There was a new Dragon Age: Inquisition trailer that showed off the combat and some monsters, as well as various areas of the game.
- Fable Legends, a 4-player co-op game based in the Fable universe, was revealed with gameplay footage.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is coming out this year, and Xbox One will have all the DLC first.
- Microsoft is remaking their original Xbox title Phantom Dust for Xbox One.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider has been announced via CG teaser for 2015.
- There was also gameplay of The Witcher 3, showcasing a hunt for a griffon.
- We saw new gameplay footage of Tom Clancy’s The Division.
- Scalebound, another game teased only by CG, looks to promise fights against and between huge monsters.
- Capcom parodied itself with some Capcom-themed DLC for Dead Rising 3.
- Forza Horizon 2 was announced for Xbox One and 360, then got three demo videos. Meanwhile, Forza 5 got some free DLC.
- If you think Microsoft needs more indie games, check out this sizzle reel to see what’s coming.
- Ori and the Blind Forest was revealed, but what it really is remains a mystery.
- This Happy Wars trailer is only slightly more enlightening.
- Inside is another sidescroller we’ll have to get more information on to really understand.
- Dance Central is getting a specific Xbox One game.
- Hey look, something for Kinect! Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved was revealed for Xbox One and 360.