Xbox One launched less than a year ago, but the decision-makers at Microsoft are already eying the future. A job listing has gone up on Microsoft’s career page for positions related to working on the “next generation entertainment hardware for Microsoft.”
Microsoft could already be conceptualizing their next Xbox, or they could be hiring to work on other tech to work alongside Xbox One. Microsoft has patented Oculus-like virtual reality tech recently, and they may be preparing to take that idea to the next level. Whatever this turns out to be, Microsoft only wants the best of the best, as they are looking for ‘super creators’ to join their team.
The Xbox Industrial Design studio is building a world class in house team. We love entertainment. We live for building transformative entertainment experiences that resonate with consumers. We are looking for passionate designers who want to help us create next generation entertainment hardware for Microsoft.
This is a design position within the Xbox industrial design studio. You will be joining a team that drives vision and product development for Xbox hardware programs. The right candidate will be a “hands on” individual contributor that will bring thought leadership, inspirational creative output, and passion to the Xbox entertainment space. In essence, this position requires nothing less than a “super creator”.
As an industrial designer you will collaborate with design team and bring inventive ideas which will have large impact across the Xbox Entertainment Business.
We expect a spontaneous and innovative creative process that takes advantage of consumer insight harvesting, inspiration way-finding, 3d sketching, prototyping, thoughtful consideration of business needs, and understanding of technical considerations. Above all the candidate should have a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to design soulful product experiences that delight consumers.
- 1-5 years of experience in product design
- 1-5 years of industrial design experience working for a top tier design team or organization required.
- All-star designer in storytelling, form giving, sketching, 3d modeling, color, material, and finish.
- Proven track record delivering award winning design.
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills.
- Intrinsic passion for seamless hardware/software experiences.
- Ability to collaborate with design, development, and executive management teams.
- Proficiency in creative tools such as Adobe CS5, Keyshot.
- Proficient in 3D applications (Alias, Rhino, Solidworks, or Pro/E)
- Education requirements include BA/BS or Master’s Degree in industrial design
- Willing to travel overseas 10-15 percent.