Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii was given an original November 16, 2011 release date. The fan-made mod has finally come out. Better late than never, eh?
- Over 130 all new levels
- The return of a classic Mario powerup
- Completely new world map system, redesigned from the ground up
- 8 major worlds and several minor ones, spanning 18 themed areas
- 34 new bonus houses, including two never seen before mini-games
- 21 new titlescreens that show depending on your game progress
- Over 150 new tilesets to enhance the visual appeal of the game
- 40 fresh and new backgrounds to match the world themes
- More than 35 original music tracks to create a memorable Newer score
- And another 20 arranged favourites to bring that Mario zip
- Remixed versions of every song for the ‘hurry up’ music
- Completely redone User Interface and layouts for every part of the game
- More than 50 completely new sprites, including 15 all new enemies
- Eight new bosses, one for each major world
- Over 200 new appearances for classic enemies, for that updated feel
- And a couple secrets you’ll have to find out by playing!
For the game’s official launch trailer scroll up. For the screenshots scroll down.
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii is available for download now. A retail disc of the game is needed to play the mod.