There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That’s where we come in! We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of “Nintendo Week,” a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans.
This week, we break down the whole past week of Nintendo news, as always, including interviews from the producer of
Splatoon, an interview with Reggie Fils-Aime, and news about Super Smash Bros. DLC and Nintendo’s recently-discovered plans for Amiibo. After the break, the crew discusses their predictions from Nintendo’s presence at E3. Give the podcast a listen in the player below, or check it out on iTunes to tune in later.
Nintendo Week is currently available on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia, you have plenty of ways to access what we hope will become one of your most trusted ways to absorb information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you’d rather not subscribe, be sure to check back here every week for your new episode!
If you’d like to give us feedback, please email me at
[email protected], and we’ll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don’t be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you’d like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we’ll be answering them in one big block, so we’d love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
More Information on This Week’s Stories:
- Splatoon topped the Japanese sales charts
- Splatoon sold through 97% of its initial shipment
- Splatoon‘s producer hopes it appeals to all ages
- He also explained why Splatoon‘s weapons and stages are being rolled out over time
- Splatoon‘s turf wars were designed specifically so that voice chat would not be necessary
- Japan is holding Splatoon‘s first ever Splatfest this weekend
- A new Harvest Moon game is coming to Wii U
- Rumor has it GameStop is no longer doing Amiibo pre-orders
- Disney Infinity‘s producer called Nintendo’s handing of Amiibo “irresponsible”
- An Amiibo hacker may have uncovered some of Nintendo’s plans for future figurines
- There will be a big update for Smash Bros. on June 14
- Here are some new screenshots of Lucas in Smash Bros.
- New screens of the Miiverse stage and Inkling costumes in Smash Bros.
- Sakurai will also host a special Smash Bros. presentation on June 14
- Nintendo’s Damon Baker talked about the Nindie Bundle’s pricing & timing
- Capcom announced the Mega Man Legacy Collection for 3DS this winter
- Sonic Boom Fire & Ice will launch later this year
- Sega wants to fix Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal‘s slow story in Fire & Ice
- Reggie says the 3DS’ future lineup includes games fans have — and have not — asked for
- Reggie also confirmed Nintendo will announce new 3DS games at E3
- Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS, featuring Tetra and King Daphnes as playable characters
- Here are the dates and locations to play Mario Maker at Best Buy
- Nintendo will hold its 75th annual shareholders meeting June 26th
- Pokkén Tournament hits Japanese arcades next month
- The Inkbrush weapon has been released in Splatoon
- Players find a mysterious song hidden in Splatoon
- A fan remade Splatoon as a Minecraft mod
- This Splatoon glitch lets you explore outside the bounds of Inkopolis
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate’s free June DLC includes goodies from Animal Crossing & Devil May Cry
- You can return to villages from past games in Monster Hunter X and more
- Famitsu reveals backstories and skill for several Fire Emblem If characters
- Mighty No. 9: Signature Edition not coming to Wii U
- Metroid-inspired Xeodrifter coming to Wii U, cross-buy possible
- Fan recreates Super Mario 64 levels as Stretchmo puzzles
- Counterfeit Amiibo have appeared in some online stores
- Fan creates custom Snake Amiibo
- Another fan made an awesome custom Amiibo of Mega Charizard X
- New website generates fake leaks for Nintendo’s E3 lineup
- Yooka-Laylee is planned to be bigger than Banjo-Kazooie
- Playtonic considered using a tiger or a witch and broomstick as the hero
- Miyamoto to be a guest speaker at Japan Expo next month
- Nintendo Treehouse is holding a Nintendo World Championships pre-show
- A new Wii U firmware update is out
- Terraria is officially coming to Wii U and 3DS
- Black Ops III is definitely not coming to Wii U
- Reggie’s wanted The Binding of Isaac to come to Nintendo consoles for a long time
- Here’s a new trailer for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
- Our own Alex Plant says Wii U is the last bastion of traditional console gaming
This week’s break music is an
awesome SNES-style version of Splatoon‘s main theme by “nelward” on SoundCloud. This week’s outro music is an amazing big band performance of several themes from the Super Smash Bros. series, which you can listen to here.