There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That’s where we come in! We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of “Nintendo Week,” a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans.
This week was a bit slower on the news front, which means we really got to sink our teeth into a few topics: the GamePad’s successes and failures,
Super Mario Maker‘s nine-day rollout of its content, and Nintendo’s recent firing of Treehouse employee Chris Pranger. After the break, we turn our attention towards our top five favorite Nintendo games. It’s a lot of love and a lot of laughs for our favorite titles, so give it a listen below! Or if you’d like to save it to listen later, you can check the latest episode out on iTunes, available now.
Nintendo Week is currently available on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia, you have plenty of ways to access what we hope will become one of your most trusted ways to absorb information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you’d rather not subscribe, be sure to check back here every week for your new episode!
If you’d like to give us feedback, please email me at
[email protected], and we’ll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don’t be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you’d like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we’ll be answering them in one big block, so we’d love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
More Information on This Week’s Stories:
- NOA’s VP of sales says the Wii U GamePad is the only real innovation this console generation
- Super Mario Maker‘s tools take nine days to unlock
- Nintendo fired Chris Pranger after his appearance on a public podcast
- Cliff Bleszinski says he would never want to work for Nintendo in response
- Xbox Head Phil Spencer sees Nintendo as a “beacon” of strong IP
This Week’s Lightning Round:
- This weekend, Splatoon’s Global Testfire returns
- You can now pre-load Super Mario Maker on Wii U in North America
- You can get a Shiny Rayquaza via Wi-Fi in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
- Pandora’s Tower is now available on the Wii U eShop in North America
- Splatoon’s new Ranked Battle mode, Rainmaker, is now live, and works much like Capture the Flag
- Here’s every single difference between the two versions of Fire Emblem Fates
- DeNA West’s CEO thinks their work with Nintendo can change how people play mobile games
- New Nintendo 3DS sold 40% better than expected at launch
- Splatoon has helped boost Wii U software sales by 10% in the US
- A fan is making and selling fresh Splatoon-themed Game Boys
- A modder is working on a cool gadget that lets you save Game Boy Camera photos to an SD card
- Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS features new story content after the main game
- The first official screenshots of Dragon Quest XI have been released
- A new Pokémon series is coming to the Nintendo Anime Channel next week
- The latest Pokémon movie trailer features the mystery Pokémon that were teased last week
- Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon features multiple towns, new shops, and more
- This year’s Pokémon World Championships are awarding over $500,000 in scholarships
- Walmart says the Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards will cost $6 Per Pack in the US
- Super Mario Maker got an overview trailer that shows off all of its features
- GameXplain has released an in-depth video analysis of that trailer with lots of details you might have missed
- Unseen64 Digs up a ton of information on the cancelled Rayman reboot for GameCube
- This fan video compiles the most insane Final Smash mods for Project M
- “Ennuigi” is a fan game where a depressed, cigarette-smoking Luigi ponders the meaning of life
- Zero Escape 3 will be “a lot more suspenseful” than the previous entries
- Nintendo has delivered a behind-the-scenes look at how Amiibo are made
This week’s break music, a funky remix from
Mario Paint‘s “Gnat Attack” stage by Retro Remix Revue, can be found in full here. This week’s outro music, my own take on Pokémon‘s Johto Route 29 theme, can be heard in full here.