There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That’s where we come in! We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of “Nintendo Week,” a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans.
Join Alex, Ben, and Colin as they discuss tons of news about
Pokémon Sun and Moon, the upcoming Mega Man cartoon, Nintendo’s E3 plans, and more, before addressing two big rumors from the past week: Nintendo’s NX supporting virtual reality, and Mario Kart 8 getting a new pack of DLC. After the break we discuss our hopes and dreams for Zelda U one last time before E3 and then head to The Glitz Pit to debate which fully-evolved starter Pokémon would triumph in a massive battle royal.
You can check out the episode below—or if you’d like to save it to listen later, you can
check the latest episode out on iTunes, available now. And be sure to visit the Twitter poll embedded below to cast your vote for who won this week’s Glitz Pit debate!
Nintendo Week is currently available in full on
iTunes, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia—and tons of videos from the show are available on YouTube where it’s easy to find them based on your favorite subjects… So between it all, you have plenty of ways to access one of the best places for information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you’d rather not subscribe, you can still find all of our Nintendo Week content right here at Gamnesia.
Note: We’ve reached file capacity for SoundCloud uploads, so for the time being we’re exploring other options. In the meantime, we’re still available on tons of great platforms!
If you’d like to give us feedback, please email me at
[email protected], and we’ll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don’t be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you’d like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we’ll be answering them in one big block, so we’d love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Podbean
- Follow Colin and Alex on Twitter
- Give us your feedback!
More Information on This Week’s Stories:
- Mighty No. 9‘s new trailer was really bad
- Here’s a sneek peak of the new Mega Man cartoon
- Here’s a new trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon
- There will be two demos for Zelda U
- Nintendo’s E3 stream starts off with Pokémon Sun and Moon gameplay
The Gossip Stone:
Lightning Round Stories:
- Both classic Star Tropics games are now on the Virtual Console
- Super Mario Maker got a Shaun the Sheep costume
- Donkey Kong 3 is now on the New 3DS Virtual Console
- Pokémon players can now download Manaphy via Mystery Gift
- Nintendo’s line of Vans shoes, backpacks, and more is now available
- The Pokémon XY anime and Hoopa movie are on Netflix
- Terraria launches on Wii U in Europe June 9th
- Registration starts for an international Pokémon tourney June 16th
- SEGA is holding Sonic’s 25th anniversary party at Tokyo Joyopolis
- Minecraft Wii U launches at retail in Europe June 30th
- Junichi Masuda hosts a Pokémon celebration July 7th
- Splatoon‘s Squid Sisters perform live in France July 8th
- Kirby: Planet Robobot is getting mostly positive reviews
- We’ve got a lot of new info on Yooka-Laylee
- Yacht Club Games showed a first look at Shovel Knight‘s new DLC
- The next Skylanders game lets you create your own Skylander
- Harvest Moon: Skytree Village is coming to 3DS
- Minecraft‘s console versions are getting new minigame modes
- Monster Hunter is getting two waves of Amiibo
- Monster Hunter Generations will have DLC costumes exclusive to the West
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice‘s Launch Edition includes TV series episodes
- A Mario fan proposed to his girlfriend using Mario Maker
- Two fans made a metal album based on Donkey Kong Country 2
- A Pokémon fan named a new species of bee after Charizard
- Hong Kong Pokémon fans are protesting Pikachu’s Mandarin name
- A new study says Super Mario Bros. can be as hard as complex math
- A SEGA survey asks fans if Sonic should cross over with Nintendo and more
For our break music this week, please enjoy
Bulby’s 8-bit rendition of “Patched Plains” from Kirby: Planet Robobot. Our outro music is “Brambles Symphony” from the Donkey Kong Country 2 metal album, “Shanty Raid.”
— Gamnesia (@TheGamnesia) June 8, 2016