There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That’s where we come in! We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of “Nintendo Week,” a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans.
Join Alex, Ben, and Colin as they discuss a megaton of news from E3 through now, including Nintendo’s comments on Link’s gender, hints that
Pokkén Tournament is getting three DLC fighters, Nintendo’s comments on remastering older Paper Mario games, actual news about the NX for once, and the idea of several Zelda spinoffs, starring Sheik, Zelda and more. And partway through the show, listen in as we ask whether we should continue to consider Nintendo a video game company, or start to think of them as an entertainment company instead.
You can check out the episode below—or if you’d like to save it to listen later, you can
check the latest episode out on iTunes, available now.
Nintendo Week is currently available in full on
iTunes, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia—and tons of videos from the show are available on YouTube where it’s easy to find them based on your favorite subjects… So between it all, you have plenty of ways to access one of the best places for information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you’d rather not subscribe, you can still find all of our Nintendo Week content right here at Gamnesia.
Note: We’ve reached file capacity for SoundCloud uploads, so for the time being we’re exploring other options. In the meantime, we’re still available on tons of great platforms!
If you’d like to give us feedback, please email me at
[email protected], and we’ll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don’t be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you’d like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we’ll be answering them in one big block, so we’d love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Podbean
- Follow Colin and Alex on Twitter
- Give us your feedback!
More Information on This Week’s Stories:
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild won’t have a playable female character
- Aonuma designed Link to be androgynous in the game
- They’ve also considered giving Zelda her own game
- Nintendo has also considered a spin-off game featuring Sheik
- Nintendo is trying to make “a new kind of Mario” for NX
- Reggie says Nintendo is focusing on content, not specs, for NX
- Nintendo won’t invest in VR until it hits the mainstream market
- The latest Pokkén update suggests it’s getting Scizor, Darkrai, and Empoleon
- Pokémon Sun and Moon will feature a Battle Royal mode
- Mario Party: Star Rush has been announced for 3DS
- It’s pretty different from the usual Mario Party game
- Grezzo is making an RPG-type game for 3DS called Ever Oasis
- Color Splash‘s dev says they’d consider remaking The Thousand-Year Door
Lightning Round Stories:
- Mighty No. 9 is having issues, can possibly brick Wii U consoles
- Super Paper Mario is now available on the Wii U eShop
- Rhythm Heaven Megamix is now available in North America
- You can now get Zelda: Breath of the Wild-themed clothing in Miitomo
- Three Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games are coming to the Virtual Console
- An International Pokémon tournamnent starts June 24th
- SEGA is holding a party for Sonic‘s 25th anniversary June 25th
- Dragon Quest VII launches on 3DS in the West September 16th
- Paper Mario: Color Splash launches worldwide October 7th
- Rhythm Heaven Megamix launches in Europe October 21st
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild was social media’s most discussed game from E3
- The Great Ace Attorney can’t be localized yet due to “certain circumstances”
- Hideki Kamiya wants to make Bayonetta 3, has ideas for Okami 2
- Over 100 employees from Monolith Soft are working on Breath of the Wild
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild‘s language translates in English
- The arrow from Breath of the Wild‘s reveal trailer is very important
- Here’s why Zelda: Breath of the Wild may feature time travel
- Aonuma wants to make more Zelda games like Breath of the Wild
- Aonuma also says Skyward Sword HD is “definitely possible”
- You can now preorder the Pokémon Trainer Red figurine
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are getting art books in Japan
- Nintendo VP Scott Moffit says “get a Wii U while you can”
- You can explore Nintendo’s Breath of the Wild E3 booth with this footage
- Simisear to be distributed after losing in Pokémon popularity poll
Our outro music this week is
an incredible orchestral suite celebrating The Legend of Zelda, arranged by Jeremiah Sun.