Pokémon GO could be in for some major updates soon. Two weeks ago, data miners discovered code referencing every Pokémon from Generation II, and the discoveries keep rolling in. According to data miners at Silph Road, the latest patch for the game contains code referencing shiny Pokémon, as well as indication that Ditto will likely be added to the game soon. The last update included a reference to the move Transform, Ditto’s signature move, but even more Ditto evidence has been found this time around, including all of the following:
- Ditto appears to be able to be ‘encounterable’ in the wild. It is not clear whether this is enabled yet, or whether it will appear as Ditto before capture, but the species is almost certainly ‘capturable’ (as opposed to acquirable only through non-wild-encounter)
- Ditto appears to be able to be used in battle
- Sounds for different Ditto effects have appeared (not included, so as not to spoil the effect!)
- A background graphic for Ditto has appeared (dark purple)
- A small ‘spotlight‘ graphic has appeared for ditto that may indicate a different appearance either on the map, or elsewhere
Additionally, the update contains the phrases “shiny” and “rare,” and the latter is accompanied by a new audio file that appears to play whenever you capture a rare Pokémon. No new sprites have been discovered to coincide with the “shiny” reference, at this time. As usual, Niantic has not commented on any of this at this time, but hopefully we’ll see these new additions roll out soon.
Source: Silph Road