Pokémon Sun and Moon are coming to Nintendo 3DS on November 18th, and a free demo just launched worldwide. Data miners are already hard at work dissecting the demo, and they’ve discovered tons of new information, including new Pokémon, new Alola forms, new Ultra Beasts, and more. It goes without saying that all of this falls very heavily in “spoiler” territory, so if you’re avoiding leaked details, avoid this article. If not, keep reading for the scoop!
The information discovered by data miners indicates that there are 81 new Pokémon, bringing the total number of monsters to 802. There are also 18 Pokémon with Alola forms, including Geodude, Graveller, and Golem, and the recently revealed Alolan Dugtrio. There appear to be eight Ultra Beasts in total. While Mega Evolution is confirmed to return, there don’t appear to be any new ones. In addition to the special Ash-Greninja, data mining indicates that there will also be an Ash-Pikachu.
Data mining also revealed four new moves and two new special abilities.
- Psychic terrain – Pokémon on the ground will not be hit by priority moves & Boosts power of Psychic moves
- Throat chop – Pokémon can’t use any move that produces sound for two turns
- Aurora Veil – Halves the power of special and physical attacks for 5 turns
- Laser Focus – The move on the turn after the Pokémon uses Laser Focus always results in a critical hit
- Stakeout – Doubles the damage dealt to the target’s replacement if the target switches out
- Battle Bond – Defeating an opposing Pokémon strengthens the Pokémon’s bond with its trainer, and it becomes Ash-Greninja. Water Shuriken gets more powerful
We also learned the base stats for a handful of new Pokémon:
Base Stats (HP/ATK/DEF/SP ATK/SP DEF/SPD):
- Hakamo-o: 55/75/90/65/70/65
- Jangmo-o: 45/55/65/45/45/45
- Pikipek: 35/75/30/30/30/65
- Rockruff: 45/65/40/30/40/60
- Yungoos: 48/70/30/30/30/45
You can check out tons of screenshots and videos showing off the leaked data by clicking below.