Pokémon Sun and Moon are smash hits around the world with over 8 million copies sold, but the Alolan adventures aren’t quite hard enough for everyone’s tastes, even with the EXP Share turned off. For these unsatisfied challenge seekers, a solution is on the way. A dedicated fan who goes by Kobazko is working on ROM patches that bump up the difficulty substantially.
Pokémon Rising Sun and Waning Moon feature numerous changes, including raised Pokémon levels, the addition of Pokémon not normally seen in Alola, more competitive teams, and more. Here’s everything that has been changed up:
- Trial Captains and Kahunas now all have teams of 6 Pokemon.
- Level curve greatly changed. Team should be in high 70s/low 80s by the end of the elite 4.
- Trainers have Pokemon not usually seen in Alola.
- Moveset editing has begun, Butterfree is a notable change.
- Youngster Joey has a top percent Rattata.
- Wild encounters up until the post game are finished! Have fun everyone!
- Custom music for post game returning trainers.
- Certain Pokemon now gain their Hidden Abilities by default alongside their regular ones.
If you’re interested in giving Pokémon Rising Sun and Waning Moon a shot, you can learn more and download the patch here.
Source: GBA Temp