Nintendo launched Splatoon on Wii U last May, and they’ve been keeping their new IP fresh with regularly released free updates that add new content like stages, weapons and game modes. Unfortunately, the steady flow of free goodies has come to an end, but Nintendo will still be releasing balance patches when necessary.
Splatoon was offline for maintenance this afternoon, but it’s back up now, and Version 2.5.0 is available. Downloading this update will bring stage and battle adjustments to make the game more balanced. You can check out the patch notes below.
– Walleye Warehouse: Adjustments will be made to object placement in Rainmaker Mode.
– Arowana Mall: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
– Piranha Pit: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Tower Control Mode.
– Museum D’Alfonsino: Fix the issue in modes other than Tower Control in which the area around the central rotating platform was registering as being inked in unintended ways.
– Mahi-Mahi Resort: Fix the issue In Rainmaker Mode in which breaking the Rainmaker barrier while in the central area caused the special gauge to fill more than intended.
– Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.