Last month, Tyrone Rodriguez of publisher Nicalis revealed that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (an expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth) would be launching on consoles soon, and we finally have a better idea of when that will be. Nicalis has officially announced that Afterbirth will be launching on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 10th. Unfortunately, we still don’t know exactly when the Wii U version will be coming out. However, Nicalis confirmed that it’s still in the works, and we can expect it to release sometime “in the coming months.” In the meantime, you can check out a breakdown of what’s included in Afterbirth below.
- Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
- Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
- Online Leaderboards – compete for highscore/best time
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
- 1000+ new room designs
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items–not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards–taking the item count up beyond 500!
- Alternate soundtrack!
- New secret transformations!
- Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
- 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
- Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- 8 new bosses