The NPD Group has released its report for the month of Month, highlighting sales figures in the United States, including the fact that PlayStation 4 was once again the highest-selling piece of hardware. The NPD Group also tracks software sales, but it must be noted that they only track retail sales, so their report doesn’t paint a full picture of the market.
That said, the NPD Group puts The Division as the top game in the US in March. Far Cry Primal comes in at number two, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD proved popular at number three. Another Wii U exclusive, Pokkén Tournament, also cracked the top ten at number seven. The rest of the top ten consisted of annual releases and evergreen titles. Overall software revenue for the month was $425.8 million, an increase of 8% over last year. You can check out the top ten below.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Far Cry Primal (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- UFC 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Pokkén Tournament (Wii U)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3)
Source: Venture Beat