Last week, Nintendo revealed several huge new games for the Nintendo Switch, the company’s upcoming home console. We got our first look at Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario Kart Deluxe, and more. We also got a new trailer for the highly-anticipated The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Of course, these announcements have been met with a lot of excitement, and the trailers for these games have amassed millions of views on YouTube over the past week.
A NeoGAF user by the name of Las7
has compiled a list of the top Nintendo Switch games in the United States, Japan, the United Kingdom, Germany, and France, by comparing the number of views that the trailers for each of those games have gathered in each region. Generally, Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey were the most popular games in almost every region. Super Mario Odyssey was particularly popular in the United States, where its trailer received over seven million views, making it the third most-watched video on Nintendo of America’s YouTube channel.
The full list is available below!
Nintendo of America:
- Super Mario Odyssey – 7 mil
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 5 mil
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 2.2 mil
- Sonic Mania – 1.9 mil
- Bowser Family Fun – 1.8 mil
- Splatoon 2 – 1.4 mil
- ARMS – 1.4 mil
- Splatoon – 1.25 mil
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 860,000
- Super Mario Odyssey – 840,000
- Bowser Family Fun – 570,000
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 500,000
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 194,000
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 130,000
- Super Mario Odyssey – 125,000
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 121,000
- Splatoon 2 – 35,000
- Project Octopath Traveler – 22,000
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 92,000
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 18,000
- Super Mario Odyssey – 17,000
- 1-2 Switch – 9,000
- Splatoon 2 – 9,000
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 56,000
- Super Mario Odyssey – 24,000
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 16,000
- Splatoon 2 – 15,000
- ARMS – 8,000
Of course, it should be noted that this comparison isn’t strictly fair to
Zelda: Breath of the Wild, as that game was not revealed during last week’s broadcast. Several trailers for Breath of the Wild have been released in the past three years; in fact, the Breath of the Wild trailer that was shown off at E3 2016 has amassed over eleven million views on YouTube, more than any of the other trailers on this list.
What do you guys think? Do any of these comparisons shock you? Would you have expected to see
Super Mario Odyssey coming out on top in the United States, or Splatoon 2 being the most popular title in Japan? Let us know in the comments below!