Goodbye VGX Awards, last year’s awkward, cringeworthy ceremony that not a soul on the internet seemed to enjoy. This year, a new video game awards show will be taking its place, known as the “The Game Awards 2014.”
The Game Awards 2014 will be taking place on December 5 at 6 PM at the Axis Theater in Las Vegas, and tickets will go on sale November 11th via TicketMaster. The show will not be broadcast on live TV; rather it will be live-streamed around the world.
Geoff Keighley will be involved in the awards show once again, but this time Spike TV will not be involved. Keighley has created his own advisory team for the show, which includes some very important people from within the video games industry. The Board for The Game Awards 2014 includes the following people:
- Reggie Fils-Aime (President and COO, Nintendo of America)
- Yves Guillemot (Co-Founder and CEO, Ubisoft)
- Hideo Kojima (Director, Kojima Productions)
- Shawn Layden (CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment America)
- Peter Moore (COO, Electronic Arts)
- Rockstar Games
- Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox, Microsoft)
- Martin Tremblay (President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Much like the VGAs, the show will include world premieres, musical performances, as well as a larger focus on game developers and the industry.
Source: Venture Beat